coolant leak

Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 89 colony park sw, 5.0l, ac. It has a leak that is apparently (haven't had a chance to get under it) coming from the rear of the engine. I was just wondering of the possibilities of where it is coming from. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance! :-)

Reply to
Mark

Sharon K.Cooke

or in my case with a 1992 grand am pont. it leaking out of the frez plug holes..check their too....

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

You do not need ideas, you need to look for the leak.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I found the leak, It is eithr the rear block or freeze plug. any suggestions on how to access the rear freeze plug without r&r the motor?

89 colony park 5.0
Reply to
Mark

Finally isolated the leak. Headgasket. Does anybody know the "book" time to replace both head gaskets on 89 5.0 in a colony park? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mark

take out the tranny

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

i was told by my guy it would cost about 1600.00 that's all i really know they almost always finish before the book time..good luck

Reply to
Salmon Slayer