Coolant smell through vents - heater core?

My friend's escort has a faint coolant smell through the vents, but it goes away after only a minute or so. Obviously it's not wintertime anymore so we're not running the heat, just the cool side of the vents
and sometimes the AC. I'm of the impression it's probably the heater core, anyone else think something different?
-GV
Sounds like the heater core is just starting to leak...
www.telstar-electronics.com

I agree, but it could also be other things leaking or the cooling system leaking elsewhere.
Bettter to get it fixed (or sold) before mold starts growing or the leak gets worse.
Jeff

Wouldn't surprise me, when it was still cold the heat wasn't working all the time anyway, so heater core was already on the list of things to replace in the near future.
-GV