Coolant Temp Sensor? What do you guys think?

I have a 96 Escort that is giving me a Check Coolant light when started from cold. After it is warm and restarted it does not come on. What adjustments
are caused by this sensor in the PCM? It seems to be running great and is not getting hot but I am concerned about it causing other problems(like what I don't know). FYI, I changed the water pump, thermostat and timing belt about a month and a half ago and prior to this problem had a Throttle position sensor problem.
Thanks in advance
mpomario opined in

I think it's the level sensor in your overflow tank. HAve you checked the coolant level?
Yes I did, but I only checked in the Radiator. Should I check the overflow when its warm or cool? I had no idea there was a level sensor in the overflow but it make sense because the level would rise when warm. I'll check that.
Thanks BM