coolant temperature sending unit

can you take a temperature sending unit sensor from a 1986 taurus L carburated and put it in a 1986 taurus GL fuel injected?

If you are speaking of the one with a single terminal, which is for the gauge, yes.
For BEST answer if it's two-terminal... use autozone dot com and look up the part for each model. If the part # is the same, yes
you pay..DEAL with it!

Hmm.... a Taurus with a carb......... That's gotta be worth some money. I've never seen one.
A Canadian model, perhaps? Ford sold carbureted engines for a couple years longer in Canada. I know they did with the '86 LTD, so maybe Taurus as well. Would be interesting to know where the original poster lives.