cooling system question

I have an 89 crown vic police car, After flushing the cooling system, it seems as my coolent is coudy, I have no leaks or discoloration in my oil, and the car runs really good, it has less then 100,000 miles on it and it's
a 5.0, I am just wondering why it's coudy.
Best thing for coudy coolent is radiater fush.
kd7ctv wrote:

I did that today, but I can always get some prestone flush and use that then back flush the system... But I used water today to fluch it, and it's still cloudy, when I put the new antifreeze in it was ok until I ran the car to purge the cooling system of any air, then it got cloudy and kind of a whitesh color..

oil,
it's
it is airated

it
which means??

system,
and
It sounds like you might have oil or atf in the cooling system. Take it to a mechanic and have them look at it to see what they think it is. Is it like you are try to mix oil and water in a blender......know what I mean?

my
no not really, it was subtle at first, I used some bars leak in it a while back and it started after that, so maybe I just need to buy the flush and do it with a back flush and see if that helps..

in
it
good idea...bar's leak can save ya some serious bucks by preventing some serious type leaks. but once it's in the cooling system it's really tough to get out...it's a soluable oil base and very tenacious.....when your running the engine with that flushing tee thingy in it the motor is getting a constant flow of cool water so often the thermostat won't open fully and allow full circulation....remove thermostat...insert....run engine flush with cold water till water is clear as a mountain stream and try again and good luck...too bad ya didn't know if it was bar's leak contamination....would save ya a lot of work...but then which is easier really flush the puppy or replace head gaskets...??

on
after thought....while running engine make SURE heater control is FULL ON and heater fan full blower speed....there's a very small radiator called heater core in there and it will hold just enough coolant to drive ya nuts till ya figure that one out and flush it too...if necessary...take both heater hoses off of engine...put garden hose over one and SLOWLY turn water to about 1/4 max output and flush heater core separately....more work but sure fire way to COMPLETELY flush cooling system...once had a 1966 ford fairlane 500 xl convertible...killer 289 hi perf motor but bar's leak contamination drove me nuts till I got pissed and did radiator flush..hoses off...motor flush...thermostat out hoses off and heater core flush....got 99.1% of the stuff out but still had bare trace of discoloration in water...took almost 2 years to finally get it all out...but that was my problem....

cooling
discoloration
yeah the one I did the other day was to just hav ethe radiater drain open, and the cap off, and just started it running and let water just flow into the radaiter, when the thermostat opened, you could see the leveldrop and the stuff coming out steaming, so I would turn the water up a little to catch up, then when the thermostat closed I would turn the water down.... I'll be able to do that tuesday if it doesn't rain alot...

miles
ok out of sheer boredom today I drained the radiater, ran the car with the hose on it, waited for the thermostat to open, shut the car off, added the flush let it run for like 25 minutes shut it off, drained the radiater again let it run with the hose on it for a few cycles, shut it off let it drain, hooked the hose up the the back flush, let it run for about 10 minutes or so, let it drain, shut the drain, added coolent, started car, purged air out of system. So far it looks good..

again
out
===Cool, its probably just fine. Worry if it runs hot. :)