COP coil on plug ignition systems

Does anyone know the finer details of the cop ignition system as found on Ford products? Can these coil/plug units be purchased anywhere on their own?

<Kona> wrote in message

==========================Unless things have changed recently, they are the same coils. You can buy all you want at the Ford dealer's parts counter.
That set up is not exclusive to the Interceptor. Many Ford engines today coil/plug is standard equipment
mike hunt
Kona wrote:

says...

My 2000 Sable with the Duratec has coil-on-plug. As far as I can tell, that is the only year. They went back to coilpack/spark-plug wires in 2001, probably to save money.