Correct antifreeze for 99 ranger (V6)

( I want to make SURE I use the correct stuff. ) The manual warns against use of a particular ford extended life antifreeze. A call to the local Ford dealer advised to "use the green stuff". The auto parts place advised Prestone/Store Equiv. "mix with ANY color antifreeze" product. I'm thinking I'm safe with the Prestone product.

Reply to
jimhigh66

Use the green stuff, not the Dexcool one...

Using a Dexcool (the orange one) could damage the seals...

So yes, use the green Prestone...

Reply to
El Bandito

Look at:

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks for the information. The Prestone color is approximately yellow with a green tinge to it -- certainly not orange -- so I guess it's OK. Jim H.

Reply to
jimhigh66