Correct antifreeze for 99 ranger (V6)

( I want to make SURE I use the correct stuff. ) The manual warns against use of a particular ford extended life antifreeze. A call to the local Ford dealer advised to "use the green
stuff". The auto parts place advised Prestone/Store Equiv. "mix with ANY color antifreeze" product. I'm thinking I'm safe with the Prestone product.
jimhigh66 wrote:

Use the green stuff, not the Dexcool one...
Using a Dexcool (the orange one) could damage the seals...
So yes, use the green Prestone...
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

Look at:
http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/supplier/quickref/scuc.pdf
Ed
Thanks for the information. The Prestone color is approximately yellow with a green tinge to it -- certainly not orange -- so I guess it's OK. Jim H.