Corrupted firmware Visteon VNR 9000

Hello,

I've got a problem with a Visteon VNR 9000 sat nav unit. It has a corrupted firmware version. Can this be fixed? If so, can i do this myself or should it be done by an autorized Ford dealer?

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Joris

Reply to
Joris

"Joris" wrote in news:1121258355.490330.254840 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Dont have a clue, but I DO KNOW that newsgroups arent instant messaging and the google groups isnt really a web forum but just an interface to news servers.

Give some time for the message to propagate! should be there in an hour or so... my news server is among the fastest and it takes about a minute... some ISP's queue message WAY back.

- - - - - Actually I do have a clue... if it's corrupted firmware, it should either be covered under warranty or a recall... if not, it make be cheaper to buy a new one, depending on whetehr or not the chip can be re-flashed or replaced.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic