Could there be any long term damage?

A few months ago I had my transmission serviced at a Fast Lube Joint. In the past week the tranny slipped a couple of times while idling in traffic. I
felt the difference and was careful not to over rev as it kicked back in gear. I checked the fluid level and found it to be extremely over filled. I immediately took it back in to them and had them evac some of the fluid until it was at the proper level.
As this car has close to 300,000 km on the drive train I am very concerned over the possible damage this might have caused?
Can anyone enlighten me?
91 Mustang - 2.3L
Slightly Graying Wolf wrote:

A lawyer.
Obviously the mileage could not possibly have anything to do with his problem ;)

message

Most automatics with 300,000 km are due for a rebuild.
message

knows
ScottM wrote:

Thank you to everyone who responded.
I drove the car to work and back tonight and so far so good.
I did ask for an invoice indicating what they had to do to fix the fluid level.
I just need to squeeze a few more weeks or months out of this thing as I am in the market for a new ride!
The kid at the Lube joint actually made an offer to take it off my hands.
message

Sounds a little fishy to me. Hose your tranny & then make an offer to take it off your hands. Is it a conspiracy or was it really an honest mistake ? The world may never know the truth to this one.

The young kid who asked me if I was thinking of selling was not there the day the tranny was serviced (or a few days later when they supposedly checked the level again).
One thing that might have helped is the car (part of a fleet purchase) came with a transmission cooler and all my trips lately were 30 minutes or less of mostly stop and go.