Could this be the answer?

I posted a few days ago about my ford taurus having no 2-3 upshift. The idle was acting very weird. I found out that the transmission on my car is the
AXOD-E. The left battery terminal on the car was corroded so I cleaned it and I started checking the distributor wires and found 1 loose. This is the third time that I found it loose. I disconnected the battery cable to reset the computer.
After the computer reset, reconnected the battery cable, and double checked all the wires, I took it on a test drive. The shifting is back to normal, the idle is normal.
Could the computer have sent the transmission into "limp" mode to get my attention about the idle?

My guess is the loose distributor wire could have sent the computer into limp. Was your engine light blinking as well? Maybe an extended misfire detection would do that? Makes sense.

The computer could have sent the transimission into "limp" mode. But it was because it didn't know how to control the tranmission, not to get your attention.
Anyway, it seems to be working. Leave it alone and see what happens.
jeff