Couple of Windstar questions

I have a couple of quick questions about my '01 Windstar. First, sometimes I can't unlock it using the fob. Either fob, and the batteries check out ok. Once I unlock it using the key and turn the
alarm off, it works fine. Its happened at several different locations, so I don't think it's a matter of interference. Second, how much fuel is left when the fuel warning light comes on? Recently while traveling it came on and due to the lack of gas stations I had to drive nearly 20 miles at interstate speeds before I could find a gas station. How close was I to running out? The manual just says a small reserve. To me a small reserve could be any thing from vapors to a couple of gallons.
Thanks Jay

It seems to me, that Ford turns the light on when you have about 50 miles of gas left.
Ed
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:38:33 -0400, "C. E. White"

better find a gas station quick (found out the hard way). I guesstimated once that it had around a gallon left when the light came on.

My 95 Windstar gives me 50-60 miles (3 gallons) when light comes on and stays on. It comes on intermittantly at about 5 gallons.
Howard
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:41:53 GMT, "Howard Nelson"

That makes me feel better, at least I wasn't pushing my luck as much as I thought. I've never noticed it coming on intermittently, when I notice it comes on and stays on until it gets feed.
Thanks Jay
Jay Rimmer wrote:

My Taurus light comes on at 2 gallons left, or 50-60 miles to go. The 16 gallon tank also takes 20.2 gallons from completely empty, giving me about 480-525 miles range around town, ~ 590 miles highway.
Rob