Creaking sound from 96 Crown Vic

Any ideas about a creaking sound from underneath the driver's floor/footwell area on a 96 Crown Vic? Most noticeable during warmer weather, and during slow-downs, turns. Springs appear to be fine, and there's no sagging. I've been told this is common (from a cop who drives one, but was unable to tell me exactly what the diagnosis was). Any ideas?

Reply to
J.G.

I can't resist...

ALL things creak more as they age:-))

LB "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." --Mark Twain

Reply to
nospam

I can't resist...

ALL things creak more as they age:-))

LB "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." --Mark Twain

Reply to
nospam

Could be your ball joints need greased/replaced.

floor/footwell

Reply to
Jason Booth

J.G. opined in news:3f048edd$0$3930$ snipped-for-privacy@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu:

How about when you turn the steering while sitting still?

Bounce the car? Make a stethoscope and check it out... could be a frame crack or ball joint.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic