Crossover Pipe Question

I have a 1990 Ford F150 truck with Fuel Injection. It's got the 5L engine. My crossover pipe is rusting out. I went to the parts store and nearly fell on my ass when they told me the price
of a new one is $370. I asked why it cost so much. It comes with the catalytic converter. That's odd, my converter is separate, it's held on with a clamp. I asked him to check and see if there is another option where they are separate. He checked and said no. I called several other parts stores, and they do not sell the crossover separately. I went to a local muffler shop, who told me he could make me a crossover, but with installation the price was nearly the same, and he said he could not just make the thing, he had to install it too.
I dont need it installed, I can do that myself. I just need a crossover WITHOUT the converter. Is there any way to find a crossover for another vehicle that does not include the cat-con, and would fit? I dont know how they "size" them, with all the bends and stuff, but I'd bet there is something that would fit, it's just to find the right one.
Thanks
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:37:52 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

This comes with the cat as well...
http://info.rockauto.com/Walker/Detail.html?77-2265.jpg
Considerably cheaper too...
In my opinion, this is the best place to get parts on the web...
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php
SteveL