Crown Vic 2004 headlights

Are they "normal" negative ground headlights?

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy

Cars have either positive or negative ground. Can't have both (unless you have two batteries). I would be amazed if they are positive ground. (Besides it wouldn't matter which way the electrons go through the light).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I stated it poorly. The issue is whether they switch them on the positive or negative wire. Most cars switch on the positive wire but some use the negative wire. Was wondering which the 2004 CV was.

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy

I doubt if Ford changed the headlight wiring since '92 when my Grand Marquis was made. All it's headlight lamps are grounded and switched positive. Stan K.

Reply to
Stan Kasperski

Since the design hasn't changed since 98, it's probably still the same electrically. Switched on the positive, so your wig-wags should work just like the previous models....

Reply to
Mark

That seems to be the case..Found that in 2003+ models they have a connector running by the radiator that makes the installation a snap too. Looks like it was put there for a DRL module connection.