Crown Vic Odometer Quit

1994 Crown Vic 4.6L V8 140K miles

The odometer portion of the speedometer has quit working. This is an analog speedo/odometer unit. The cruise and all other functions still work as they should. There are no fault codes in the ECM Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix. Could the VSS operate the speedometer without operating the odometer? Does this vehicle have a PSOM similar to the F150 of that vintage which may have failed? Are there any common failures like broken solder joints to look for? Any insight would be appreciated.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Well if you are not the original owner, you may want to be advised, for the old analog type odometers when they stick or stop working, the first thing to consider is that the odometer may has been tampered with...

People take them apart to change them to a lower reading, and they do not go back together very well...

Reply to
351CJ

Although I am not the original owner, I was able to contact the original owner who had all the original maintenance records. They jived with the state license renewals and the carfax report. I've out the last 70K on it. I'm thinking about an Ebay purchase to just replace the whole thing since the car is so old and worth little any way I go at it. The only reason I would like the odometer working is to keep the service on some sort of schedule.

Thanks Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut