Crown Vic Pricing

What's a new or low miles Crown Vic going for in the Midwest ? Cincinnati, Indy, etc. Thinking of getting one and want to know ahead of the game.

Reply to
Tom Line

go to

and do a search under google with key words like "used car prices".

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The invoice on a new Crown Vic is between $24,085 and $30,165.

B.C.

Reply to
Black Cars

That's what I did when bought an 01 Taurus a few months back (edmunds). For what I wanted, edmunds said $8,500. Dealers had many of them for 10,999 marked down to 9,999 for a weekend sale. After haggling I got the car for $8,500.

Print out the feature list and the price from the website and take it with you for a point of reference. Haggle hard enough so the salesman has to bring his boss over then haggle with him! Without the market value in hand I could have over paid.

John

Reply to
jriegle

Ford is currently adverising a new 2004 Crown Vic for $17,995 in the mid Atlantic states, and a Grand MArquis for $18,995.

mike hunt

Black Cars wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt

Is this a base model nobody sells, then add-up quickly when you add the feature packages? My local dealer just had a 2004 with 10k miles for

19,500.

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote: : Ford is currently adverising a new 2004 Crown Vic for $17,995 in : the mid Atlantic states, and a Grand MArquis for $18,995. : : : mike hunt : : : : Black Cars wrote: :> :> >What's a new or low miles Crown Vic going for in the Midwest ? Cincinnati, :> >Indy, etc. Thinking of getting one and want to know ahead of the game. :> :> The invoice on a new Crown Vic is between $24,085 and $30,165. :> :> >

:> >-- :> >

:> >

:> >

:> >Tom Line :> >tlineN0 snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com :> >

:> >

:> >

:> >

:> >

:> :> B.C.

Reply to
Tom Line

you might want to look at "program" cars. these are cars that were used in a special program and they have low miles on them and can't be sold as new, but still have the factory warranty on them - like cars they offered to the execs to drive for a little while. if you are wanting something new out of the box, you are going to pay the price for it, but if you want something that is the same year as you are looking at, but with low miles, the saving can be substantial.

the 'program' cars are only offered from ford motor company to ford dealers only. no other dealers can buy them. since the ford dealer is getting one heck of a deal on these program cars, he can pass it on to you.

to give you some idea of how good some of the deals are. my son works at the local toyota truck plant where they make SUV's and pickups. twice a year, they sell trucks that the execs have been using to the employees. one of them was a 2004 SUV with 62,000 miles on it, and the employee was able to purchase it for 7,200 dollars. this was not a bidding war. this was the price placed on it by toyota - but the kicker was - he had to keep it for at least a year before they could sell it.

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."

Reply to
c palmer

A Crown Vic with an MSRP of 23K and a Grand Marquis GS with an MSRP of 24K are hardly base models. The base models of each are nicely equipped with things that normally are options on lessor cars. A top end Grand Marquis LS in just over 30K, about the same price as a smaller, V6 Camry.

mike hunt

Tom L>

Reply to
MikeHunt