Crown Vic Problem?

im having a problem wit my 99 Crown Vic. its a police interceptor. has

102,000 miles on it. its been havin this problem since iv had it for a little more than a year. when im driving it starts hestitating and kind of jerking and it feels like its loosing power once i hit 40 mph then stops once i hit around 50. i had changed the spark plugs, it went away for a few weeks, then i changed the wires, went away for a few days then came bak, then i changed the fuel filter, which was partialy blocked, same thing helped for a few days then came bak.i changed the transmission oil and filter when i got the car which was 18,000 miles ago. I as jus wondering if anyone knew what it could be or what i can do to fix it? thanks
Reply to
reetrulez

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

tom

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

JR

Yeah... doesnt sound like that would ever happen on anything but the CV/GM/TC apps!

Shish!

Please -reetrulez- ALSO check on there.. but when you find it, we would appreciate it if you came back and told us.

The fact that it goes away for a few days every time you work on it is pertinent, i think.

Have you by any chance disconnected the battery each time?

Have the codes read and see if there's anything there.

Try:

Disconnecting MAF once car's warmed up and see if it occurs

- Also if it starts and runs WORSE immediately, you have a sensor problem other than MAF

Disconnect battery for half hour.. see if paradigm repeats.

JR wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@spamlessverizon.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

more than likely you are experiencing what they call torque converter shutter.the converter has a clutch internally and the plates become warped.most noticable at approx. 40mph.probably can make it consistently if you accelerate up to 45mph at a very light throttle.can also shutter on acceleration from cruise if trans downshifts.only real repair is replacement.

Reply to
clemdog

Check with a Ford dealer. Depending on the model year some 4sp tyranny's have a modular that goes bad and causes a shutter, as well

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If you meant 'modulator', there is none on the 4R70W transmission used on CVs since the mid 90's. Computer controlled transmissions like this one don't need to sense manifold pressure, because this information (and a lot more) is available to the computer.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

actually my cousin told me he had almost the same problem with his 92 crown vic, he said he cleaned the EGR sensor and his car ran fine. i think i were to clean that and the MAR sensor. ya?ll think that could possibilly be a problem?

Reply to
reetrulez

reetrulez wrote in news:687262_ snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Did you bother reading my suggestion about the MAF, retrule?

Generally these things cannot be resolved purely by thinking about it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"" wrote: > reetrulez wrote in > news:687262_ > snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > > > > actually my cousin told me he had almost the same problem > with his 92 > > crown vic, he said he cleaned the EGR sensor and his car ran > fine. i > > think i were to clean that and the MAR sensor. ya?ll think > that could > > possibilly be a problem? > > > > Did you bother reading my suggestion about the MAF, retrule? > > Generally these things cannot be resolved purely by thinking > about it.

my bad, the only thing is, im not the best person to mess around wit stuff and figure it out. does anyone know where the EGR and MAR sersors are located? dont wanna mess around wit the wrong crap.

Reply to
reetrulez