Crud in Holley carb (Bronco)

Hi all. Quick question.

My 1980 351M Bronco runs like a dream. Until recently.

It started running like crap so a little work later it was discovered that there was a small pinhead-sized rock stuck in the needle and seat config. Well, now it runs great.

My question is, how the hell did a pinhead-sized rock get past my (10-day old) fuel filter?!?! holy!

So I thought, if one filter is good, but not good enough, two would be better right?

From the fuel line to the carb is about one foot of rubber hose. I could easily add another filter there. Should I? I mean, it's $5. But will it help??!?!?

And yes, I drive in dusty conditions - where the Bronco thrives!

Thanks all.

Brad

PS: Trolls, don't waste your time.

Reply to
Brad and Mia

lmfao mia the pig ya focktard

you are a slob

hurc ast

Reply to
baywatch 904133

Shit loser, I told you THE LAST TIME, you are BOOOORING. Many a troll before you have tried and failed. Join the club asshole.

Brad

PS: In case you don't remember me, do you remember this: skinny, weak and greasy.

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Adding another filter won't produce any worthwhile results. There may be a small difference from filter to filter in micron size but, how would you know which is which for gasoline? When the first filter is clogged, the second won't be of any use. A second filter may also introduce additional flow restriction resulting in reduced fuel flow under high demand conditions. The best thing you can do is use a name brand filter for the vehicle which is , hopefully, good enough to do the job. As far as your current debris problem, it could have gotten in anytime before or during installation - things happen! Before you change the filter next time, be sure to clean the area around the filter to remove any loose debris which may get into an open system while you work. I like to use the pressure washer to do this if the area is muddy or heavily encrusted BEFORE I open anything up an again after I am finished if I managed spill oil. If your problem is corrected, I wouldn't go any further. BTW, driving in dusty conditions should not affect your fuel filter unless you drive without the gas cap.

Good luck Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Thanks for your thoughts. I knew it was a crazy idea, just needed to hear it. :) Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia