Cruise Control - '95 CV

Hi Folks!
Last week my cruise quit. I had been using it, disengaged it for an exit ramp, then it wouldn't reengage. I have been working thru the pinpoint test
process in the shop manual but so far have found nothing odd. I swapped the VSS because it tested out of range even tho the speedo and tranny were working perfectly - of course - no improvement.
I figured I'd ask here just in case there might be a common failure point I am not aware of. All the fuses look good to, by the way.
Any ideas?
TIA
PoD
fuses can look good and still be bad. you will need a voltmeter or test light to properly check a fuse. you may also have a bad clockspring assembly under the steering wheel.

Paul of Dayton wrote:

I don't know if your car could be plagued with the same problem many other Ford vehicles have where a pressure switch on the brake master cylinder fails. In some vehicles this switch operates the brake lights and has power available at all times. The leaking brake fluid partially conducts electricity and heats up, potentially causing a fire. In other models, the switch just has logic level current for the cruise control.
Thanks guys!
I checked and have voltages where I am supposed to. I even jumpered the hydraulic brake switch (recall # xyr45kkmumbo-jumbo) to check it. The only thing I found out of spec was the resistance of the VSS. I doubted it was bad but, for $25, I replaced it. I have my paper shop manual with me but the CD with the schematics is hiding - - - It has operated perfectly until now - I don't remember how to drive without it... I had a car once that would make my leg numb after 30 min driving without cruise... this one isn't bad, but I am a leadfoot.
Paul
Well, so far, all the tests in the manual pass. I had to stop working so I could get to work. Oddly, when I turn the cruise on and press the set button (at ~30 mph+) - I can hear a faint relay click. I do not hear the click when cruise is off or below ~20 mph. My schematic doesn't show a relay in the cruise control.
I'll be able to get into it again soon - thanks for the tips so far,,,
PoD