Cylinder Missfire

Let me say hi and also thank everyone in advance for any help given. Here is the problem.
My father has a 2000 ford taurus. Car never gave him any problems.
Out of nowhere he now gets a cylinder missfire in cylinger six. That is the error given by the computer. Not that simple though, there is more. The car runs fine until it warms up. When the car is idle, in either park, neutral, or drive, it starts to chug. The check engine light flashes. As soon as start to move again, the car struggles to accelerate, but once your moving, all is well again, the car runs perfectly fine. Check engine light stays on steady now, until you stop again, and the cycle repeats. Just a little helpful information. The car has been to three different shops, including ford themselves. The plugs, wires, coils, fuel rail, fuel injector computer and so on have all been replaced. The engine was opened up, and the cylinder is fine, nothing wrong mechanically. This is absolutely 100 percent an electrical problem. So with this said, does anybody know what the heck this could be?....Ask me questions if you want any more information.
With all that information, I will now tell you the the car had an aftermarket remote car starter installed by a reputable guy that has installed stuff for a dozen people i know. The problem started about one to two months after that.
thanks again Eric

That is how a car runs with a missfire. Most likely one of the COPs, even though you say they were all replaced, they can still fail prematurely. What is the engine code that is given for the missfire? If is just one PO30x (x = 1 through 6 corresponding to cylinder) swap that cylinder's COP with another cylinder and clear the code. Start it up again and see if the code changes to another cylinder. If so you have a bad COP or plug boot, but they usually come together I think.
Don't drive the car until this is resolved.
the code i was told is specifically a missfire in cylinder six. Thanks for your reply. I will see what I can do. Any other advice would be much appreciated
"sleepdog" wrote: > On Oct 27, 10:22 pm, 300zx
> > Let me say hi and also thank everyone in advance for any > help given. > > Here is the problem. > > > > My father has a 2000 ford taurus. Car never gave him any > problems. > > Out of nowhere he now gets a cylinder missfire in cylinger > six. That > > is the error given by the computer. Not that simple though, > there is > > more. The car runs fine until it warms up. When the car is > idle, in > > either park, neutral, or drive, it starts to chug. The > check engine > > light flashes. As soon as start to move again, the car > struggles to > > accelerate, but once your moving, all is well again, the car > runs > > perfectly fine. Check engine light stays on steady now, > until you > > That is how a car runs with a missfire. Most likely one of > the COPs, > even though you say they were all replaced, they can still > fail > prematurely. What is the engine code that is given for the > missfire? > If is just one PO30x (x = 1 through 6 corresponding to > cylinder) swap > that cylinder's COP with another cylinder and clear the code. > Start it > up again and see if the code changes to another cylinder. If > so you > have a bad COP or plug boot, but they usually come together I > think. > > Don't drive the car until this is resolved.

Have you had the "reputable guy" check his work to make sure he has not damaged a wire somewhere? Or have him uninstall it to see if that is the problem?