Dash light problem, 2002 Ford Taurus SEL

Threaded View
    I own a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. I was having trouble with the panel light
on the dashboard behind the speedometer. For some reason, it wasn't working
right since November of last year. I took my car to Formula Ford Truckland,
Inc. in Barre, VT where I bought the car from in December. I told their
service department about the problem. They looked at the problem and could
not verify the problem at that time. In most cases, I have no problems with
the service department at Formula Ford and am usually satisfied with them.

    So, I tried going to another dealer. I contacted the service manager at
Heritage Ford in South Burlington, VT if they would service my vehicle under
my Extended Service Plan. The service manager there said they would gladly
service it under warranty. I made arrangements to have my vehicle serviced
at Heritage Ford (Vermont) this afternoon after work. I told them that I was
having problems with the light behind the dashboard. It would not
illuminate. They did a lot of reality checks on it. Here's what they did.

    They verified that the instrument cluster dash lights did not come on.
The directional signals stayed on solid. They ran the oasis test. Looked at
the wiring diagram, checked the fuse, they were all okay. They removed the
radio and trim, driver side lower kick panel and the instrument cluster
panel. they checked everything and were okay. They inspected the circuit
board and they found that the ground pin made contact with the circuit board
and it has been melted together. When the connector was disconnected, it
broke. It caused the dash light to stay ground the whole time I was having
problem with it. They cleaned the connector and applied electrical grease to
connector and reassembled everything that was taken apart. Dash light works
fine now.

     They did all the work in about 3 hours under warranty and I only had to
pay $50.00 deductible for the repairs. I drove my car home completely
satisfied.

    ~CyberWolf

Re: Dash light problem, 2002 Ford Taurus SEL

light
working
Truckland,
with
at
under
was
at
board
works
=============
Moral of the story: Go somewhere else if need be. :) Good thing you found a
place thats on the ball.

Re: Dash light problem, 2002 Ford Taurus SEL

Cool!

Why did you have to pay a $50.00 deductible if the work was done under warranty?

Re: Dash light problem, 2002 Ford Taurus SEL

manager
gladly
serviced
had
warranty?

Extended Service Plan

Re: Dash light problem, 2002 Ford Taurus SEL

    Exactly!

    ~CyberWolf

Site Timeline