Daytime Running Lights 97 Bird

It would appear that the daytime running lights are as bright as the regular low beams on the wife's car.When ever I drove it at I had thought that they were a little on the dim side. Normal or relay some where and where to look for it? Thanks Terry

Reply to
Thunder Fish

I am not familiar with the T-bird. Most Fords (if not all) use the High Beam on 25% intensity for that purpose. If yours is that way, I suggest that you park in front of a white wall at night, turn off the auto lights, so that only DRLs are on, and compare between the DRL and the High Beam- impressions may be misleading. If indeed the intensity is the same, you may have a bad DRL module - it's a box, about 2x3x1 in size, with an oval-shaped connector and cooling fins. It will be installed somewhere in the front of the vehicle - can't tell you exactly where. On my 97 Grand Marquis it's behind the grill, attached to the radiator support. On my Explorer it's behind the bumper, below the left headlight.

By the way, are you sure you have DRL at all, and not confusing this with auto lights? Most US Fords are shipped without DRL, because unlike in Canada, it's not required by law in any state.

Hope this helps,

IK

Reply to
IK

The DRL's have the same intensity as the Low beams,on my 94 Ranger the DRL's are less than the low beams and much less than the highs.And yes they do have them as I live in Canada

Thanks for the resp> I am not familiar with the T-bird. Most Fords (if not all) use the High

Reply to
Thunder Fish