deactivating antitheft on 2000 Windstar

Hi. My remote is an aftermarket, after disconnecting the battery terminals the ignition won't start. Any way to deactivate until I can get it fixed/reprogrammed? Thanks. Mark.

Look in the manual of the alarm and turn it off. Mine has a button under the dash that you push when the key is on accessory.