dead mondeo 1.8 estate 93

today my mondeo came to a sudden halt and will not start but will turn over oil was found to be very low and it took 2.5 litres to top it up, my mate
said that the compression is low but how do i test this any ideas please help
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:00:26 -0400, "taffyboy"

You check it with a compression tester.