Dead turn signal and brake light

I have replaced the bulbs in the right turn signal and the left brake light but still no 'workie'. I have a 99 ford windstar. If it were a fuse wouldn't
all the lights not be working? I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. Could very well be a fuse, I don't know. My hubby is not a handy man/mechanic but I am not afraid to try things. I've been known to do my own tune-ups, even replaced a valve cover gasket. If you have any suggestions please give me some directions or a web site that will help. Thank you so much!
LOTS of vehicles now have fuses even for single bulbs. Check under the hood for fuse boxes as well as inside and read EVERYTHING. Take a good look at every fuse involved.

light
wouldn't
own