Dealer or Independent Shop?

Page 2 of 2

dishonest.
Who
The network of information exists, but you can't make anyone use it.

dealer.

They are hoping that the fix will be free under warranty?
Timothy J. Lee
(snip)

I've only found one so far. It's not the dealer.
(snip)

So, no, I don't. I also usually use NAPA parts instead of the more expensive Ford parts.
-- Mark
When the car is new I would go to the dealer. When the car gets to be a few years old I tend to bring it to a local shop I trust. Local shops can handle most basic needs. Its when things get funky and special tools or test equipment is needed that you end up back at the dealers.
My 95 T-Bird has not been in any shop for repairs since 1998 when I had the valve body of the tranny replaced under warranty. Everything has been routine maintenance that I have been able to handle.
--

>> Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply. <<

"Mark Carroll" < snipped-for-privacy@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
I say it depends on the type of work needed to be done...
I do most of my own stuff, brakes, tires, etc... Anything else i will bring to the dealer while under warrentee.. other then that a local shop that i trust will do the things i personally cant
Kenny

I do most of my own repairs, but when I move to a new town, I take the car to a dealer for oil & lube, then observe. If the first experience is good, I keep going back for regular maint. If my good impression remains, I usually have them do bigger work. I have found the charges to be competitive. I also like the fact that you have all of Ford Motor to holler at if you're not happy.
BTW, many of the local chains charge more for oil, filter, lube than the dealer does.
PoD