dealer says my a/c is fine?

99 windstar 105k
it seems to me my a/c isnt as strong as it used to be. my wife thinks the same thing, she thinks it used to run cooler and not take as long to cool
the van down.
i brought it the dealer today, told them it seems like its been getting weaker over the last 2 years. they tell me it will be $85 for the a/c service and thats just the base price... after about 30 minutes they tell me when they checked the a/c is was 36 and their not going to charge me anything because its fine.
so you all think its really ok? maybe I'm crazy?

36 degrees is very good.
If it were much lower, ice would form on the evaporator choking airflow.
petebert wrote:

36 degrees is great for output temp, but you may have an airflow problem. The AC (refrigerant) system sounds to be in great shape. The air is plenty cool, but there's not enough of it. Check the pollen filter, if equipped. They filter the air coming in from outside. If you run the AC mainly on MAX, there can be dust buildup in the evaporator due to pulling it in from near the passenger floor. I don't recall if the evaporator can be accessed without removing the instrument panel or not on a Windstar. The really low vent temp also leads me to think this is the problem, as if there was full airflow the output would be closer to 40 degrees.
i always run it on max because its supposed to be more efficient, pollen filter should be good but I'll look into the evaporator.

36 degress? That sounds cold to me.
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com