Decent Wiper Blades for my Crown Vic

I'm not sure whatthe problem is with wiper blades but when I replace them, they seem to be junk again after about one month. The blades make horrible screatching noises as the clean the windshield.
Can any recommend a good brand or type? M
msterspy wrote:

Your problem is likely not the wiper blades. First, are you using complete blade assemblies or just refills? The wiper frames do wear out. Many times what you describe is caused by pitting and scratches on the windshield. Over time the windshield gets "sandblasted" and the rough surface eats up the blades. Look closely at your windshield and you will see what I'm talking about. This also causes that smearing effect in light rain and makes sun glare worse. A new windshield for your CV is less than $200 installed, it's a good investment. I usually replace the windshield on any used car I buy.
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:52:17 -0500, Tom Adkins

do you like back seats ?
hurc ast
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

Tom's right. Windshields do get messed up and can ruin your blades.
I clean mine with XXXX (that's four X) steel wool. It's really really fine, won't scratch the glass and will clean it and make it smoother than you can imagine by removing the microscopic grit that's tearing up your blades. It also removes oil film and grime.
Tom: You bring up an intersting point. Two years ago I had the windshield on this car replaced and I was always skeptical about the quality of the windshield. The replacement was a result of an insurance claim and the tech who replaced it did a crappy job. He broke the molding while trying to remove the old windshield and tried gluing it with the winshield adhesive .... really sloppy job, so I bitched and made them replace the molding. Having said (typed) this, I'm wondering if the actual windshield that was used for replacement was a recylced windshield. It doesn't look blasted but I never looked carefully. I will take a better look at this. Thanks for the info M.
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:52:17 -0500, Tom Adkins

and will not provide the correct pressure on the blade.
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:15:21 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

go find an amway dude and try hard surface protectant
just tell him you are already retired
hurc ast