Defeating Power Door Locks

Have a 99 Ford Contor with an Automatic, V6 and keyless entry. I would like to stop the door locks fron engaging when starting the engine. This is a problem when starting the engine on a cold morning, allowing
it to warm the car while I am not in it. The moment I close the door while the engine is running all doors lock, thus locking my keys in the car. Any ideas ??
Thanks,
Joe
The owners manual tells you how to program the door locks.

keep a spare ignition key for warm up
tanque snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

1) ALWAYS carry a spare key, preferably in a DIFFERENT pocket. 2) Read your owners manual. Auto-locking is usually programmable, although the procedure can seem like a voodoo ritual. 3) If you don't have your manual, and somebody doesn't post a procedure, check out http://myford.fordvehicles.com Fill out the information. Once logged in, you can go to the 'glovebox' and download an Adobe Acrobat .PDF version of your manual.
Thanks for the advice. I checked the owners manual and there is no mention about defeating Auto-Locking.
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:16:52 -0600, Andrew Rossmann

tanque snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

As a final suggestion, try www.contour.org. If anybody knows how to do it on a Contour, somebody on one of their forums will.
Defeating Power Door Locks Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2003, 9:41pm (EST+5) From: tanque snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Joe) Have a 99 Ford Contor with an Automatic, V6 and keyless entry. I would like to stop the door locks fron engaging when starting the engine. This is a problem when starting the engine on a cold morning, allowing it to warm the car while I am not in it. The moment I close the door while the engine is running all doors lock, thus locking my keys in the car. Any ideas ?? Thanks, Joe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Put a small wedge between the door and the frame to hold it open just far enough so the lock dosn't catch.
Eric