defective lights/warranty question

I have a Ford Freestar van that is still under the 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty. One light bulb in front went out and also a seperate blinker lightbulb is out in the back. Are these considered normal wear or is it covered under bumper to bumper warranty? I am bit disappointed if it is not covered, as it is a pain to remove..likely will pay for it to be done. Buy the way, I have had several Toyota products and never had light bulb issues on them, even over 100,000 miles. Maybe this is a Ford quirk.

Reply to
snow

You have to read your warranty.

But, I think bulbs are covered by the warranty.

The only lamp I had to replace on my Ford car was the fog lamp. Oh, and the brake light in the back. The lens was scratched and water got in, causing the bulb to crack when it got hot and water splashed on it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Read your warranty. The bulbs should be covered (they are not listed as a wear item).

It has been years since I had to replace a bulb on any of my Fords. I think the last one was a headlight bulb on my 1997 Expedition. I never replaced a bulb on my 1992 F150 during the 14 years I owned it. My SO's daughter has a VW. I think she is on her fourth or fifth tail light bulb. My SO's old Camry ate turn signal bulbs. Seems like random bad luck. The only thing I can think to check is the system voltage with the vehicle running. If it is too high, bulb life will be reduced.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White