Desperate to Cut Costs, Ford Gets Union's Help

Americans in general are retarded and self loathing. They hate everyone around them and do not understand macro-economics much less local economics.

The end is near.

Reply to
Bob Brown

I don't see how my investments have anything to do with your inability to determine whether or not a company you are bad-mouthing is making a profit. It takes about 30 seconds, with a slow internet connection.

But that is a good diversionary tactic.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The two planes reserved for the President's use are Boeing 747-200Bs. These planes are designated Air Force 1 only when Mr. Bush is on them. (If Mr. Bush is flying on any other Air Force plane, then that plane is designated Air Force 1.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Did hell freeze over when I wasn't looking? You agree with Mike..... I never thought I'd see the day!

Reply to
Bob

So you wouldn't buy the stock of a company that you say is doing well?

Pretend you have tons of money.

Ok, would you buy boeing,ford, or gm?

Reply to
Bob Brown

Mike would argue that the perception that Toyotas are more valuable than the big 3 cars is incorrect.

I am not making that argument.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Who cares?

If anyone is going to buy stocks based on my recommendation, he is stupid.

Reply to
Jeff

You talk about experience with the few vehicles you have owned. My experience of ten year in the fleet service business showed to me that Toyotas, on average, are no better than domestic, on average, in terms of needed repairs or overall longevity. We serviced thousands of vehicles from just about every manufacturer, that are generally kept in service for five years of 300K and that is what our service records revealed

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I increased my investment in GM stock in 2006, while it was down. It has since gone up. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And had you purchased the stock on my recommendation, I would say purchasing it on my recommendation was a stupid thing to do.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yet the experience of many others is different. Otherwise, Ford Fusiosns would be selling better than Accords and Camries. And independent survies show fewer repairs for older Toyotas than older Fords. Perhaps that is why people are williing to pay more for used Toyotae than used Fords.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

But you said those companies, at least boeing, was doing well. Which is it?

Reply to
Bob Brown

Boeing is doing well. However, that doesn't mean that its stock is a bargain. The real value of its stock is based on its performance and future growth potential. I think the company Google is doing really well. But Google is trading at a P/E ratio of about 45:1. That means, its stock price is 45 times the amount of money it will earn this year. To me, that seems a little high, so I wouldn't buy the stock. Likewise, I don't know if Boeing's growth potential justifies is P/E ratio of 30:1.

My willingness to buy a stock is not based on whether or not I think a company is doing well, but how much I think the stock's value will rise over the long term.

Even though I think a company is doing well, it's stock may not be a bargain.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I would never use your convoluted logic as a basis for anything. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Nor would I use yours. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff

Perhaps, people that only ever owned one or two Toyotas and as long as one does not end up with one with the one of the engines prone to 'gelling, ' as Toyota refers to its sludge problem.

In any event I was referring to new vehicles. When one buys a used vehicle one can never know for sure how it was used, or abused, or whether it was serviced properly or not. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter