Desperate to Cut Costs, Ford Gets Union's Help

Page 2 of 2
Bob Brown wrote:

Have you been living in a cave ?
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q ฃ80&btnG=Search+News
Add pictures here
โœ–

Boeing only made $3 billion last year. That is almost a loss. Boeing's P/E ration is about 30:1. That is higher than average, indicating that the market thinks that the company will continue to earn money.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s บ&annual
The answer is that Bob Brown doesn't have enough brains to do a simple fact check.
It is better to remain silent and let us think you are not bright than to type and remove all doubt.
Jeff
Add pictures here
โœ–

Let's see, so you would take out a 2nd mortgage on your home and buy GM,FORD and BOEING stocks?
Or are you just talking?
Add pictures here
โœ–
"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message wrote:

I don't see how my investments have anything to do with your inability to determine whether or not a company you are bad-mouthing is making a profit. It takes about 30 seconds, with a slow internet connection.
But that is a good diversionary tactic.
Jeff
Add pictures here
โœ–

So you wouldn't buy the stock of a company that you say is doing well?
Pretend you have tons of money.
Ok, would you buy boeing,ford, or gm?
Add pictures here
โœ–
"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message wrote:

Who cares?
If anyone is going to buy stocks based on my recommendation, he is stupid.
Add pictures here
โœ–
I increased my investment in GM stock in 2006, while it was down. It has since gone up. ;)
mike

โœ–

And had you purchased the stock on my recommendation, I would say purchasing it on my recommendation was a stupid thing to do.
Jeff
Add pictures here
โœ–
I would never use your convoluted logic as a basis for anything. ;)
mike

โœ–

Nor would I use yours. ;-)
Add pictures here
โœ–

But you said those companies, at least boeing, was doing well. Which is it?
Add pictures here
โœ–
"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message wrote: <...>

Boeing is doing well. However, that doesn't mean that its stock is a bargain. The real value of its stock is based on its performance and future growth potential. I think the company Google is doing really well. But Google is trading at a P/E ratio of about 45:1. That means, its stock price is 45 times the amount of money it will earn this year. To me, that seems a little high, so I wouldn't buy the stock. Likewise, I don't know if Boeing's growth potential justifies is P/E ratio of 30:1.
My willingness to buy a stock is not based on whether or not I think a company is doing well, but how much I think the stock's value will rise over the long term.
Even though I think a company is doing well, it's stock may not be a bargain.
Jeff
Add pictures here
โœ–

What make/model plane is Air Force One?
Add pictures here
โœ–
"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message wrote:

The two planes reserved for the President's use are Boeing 747-200Bs. These planes are designated Air Force 1 only when Mr. Bush is on them. (If Mr. Bush is flying on any other Air Force plane, then that plane is designated Air Force 1.)
Jeff
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 4 Mar 2007 09:29:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Wha? Paying people $50 per hour to make cars is ridiculous.
Maybe $20-25
Add pictures here
โœ–

You could make FORDS on Mars but it wouldn't change the crappy designs they've been making for 30 years.
They need something.

Add pictures here
โœ–