Detroit auto makers try some new tricks

Page 13 of 16

But as we see when two SUVs with little crumple zone hit one another the people in both vehicles are often seriously injured. A high percentage of todays vehicles are large SUVs with little crumple zone.
Then there is the single vehicle accident situation when you hit a hard object, but you will never do that will you!

No - we don't see that at all. If you're going to make things up, at least make up an accident scenario where what you claim is likely.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Who is we? I don't see this scenario. I see more hurt people come from the small car vs SUV scenario where the small car gets clobbered. SUV vs SUV doesn't seem to result in any more injuries than car vs car.

In my post that you quoted I said that I would rather be in a new car if I was going to hit a brick wall. Just in case you haven't noticed brick walls are hard objects.
Steve B.

Some have also said that it's safer to not wear a seat belt, so you can be thrown clear in an accident. They don't know know what they're talking about, either.
"Joe Pfeiffer" ...

Sadly, lots of people believe in rolling those dice.
I think anyone who thinks that's a good idea should, for even only one day, observe motor vehicle cases in a large ER. *Any* large ER.
Made a seat belt believer out of me - quickly.
Natalie
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:53:21 -0400, "Wickeddoll"

If they don't want to wear a seat belt, they could always ride a motorcycle; no belt required. :-) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

So true. Of course it's better not to wear a seat belt when on a motorcycle or perhaps even when in a convertible without a roll bar.

You haven't been to a body shop lately have you. :)
Ed
In article

You haven't been in an accident lately have you? (no smiley)

You haven't seen what hospitals charge, have you?
Charles of Schaumburg
"n5hsr" ...

aarcuda69062 >>

I just got my statement ("This is not a bill") on my cardiac stress test - $5,500! That's just the treadmill test itself - not even the doctor's fee!
What a ripoff.
Natalie

And have you seen the price of drugs lately? They're trying to get rid of quinine, which is a naturally occuring substance, so they can't really charge a ton for it. But the drug companies have been trying to get rid of quinine since the 1990's. They try to give dialyis patients Robaxin, but it doesn't work on me or my dad. (I think Robaxin is some sort of muscle relaxant.) Next they'll try to get rid of asprin. Now I can only get some artificial quinine substitute that costs me $110 a month, whereas before the quinine I took cost less than $10 a month.
Charles of Schaumburg
n5hsr wrote:

Find a good herbalist that carries quinine bark and white willow (natural aspirin the way it used to be obtained before they learned how to make it synthtically).
We should always have those available in the U.S. unless Hillary and Teddy get there way on outlaewing herbal medicine (which I don't think will ever happen).

They'll try. Big Pharma has been trying to stick the Quack label on herbal medicine since probably 1906.
Do you know the most common medicine to control diabetes in India? Cinnaomon! I had an Indian doctor friend tell me as much. A lot cheaper than the dollar-a-pill stuff they had me on, and for me, it actually works. My numbers are almost too good.
Charles
"n5hsr" ...

I firmly believe in trying herbals before pharmaceuticals, myself.
Natalie

Here's hoping they carry the "Not made in China" label. <:)
n5hsr wrote:

Mostly, they've been right about this. The company across the parking lot from where I work does clinical trials of herbs and drugs, and their trials for herbs are a lot more lax than those for legitimate drugs, except when the makers of the latter want a new marketing angle.

What's cinnaomon?
OTOH cinnamon hasn't been shown to work very well for type II diabetes, if at all.
What you will have under Hilarycare is an 5c asperin that cost $4, as it does now under Medicare LOL
Mike

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
<g>
We aim to please.
Charles of Schaumburg

Hey wait a second, I thought only guys that abused themselves went blind. . . . .
Charles of Schaumburg