Detroit auto makers try some new tricks

Page 16 of 16
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:22:16 -0400, "Wickeddoll®"

I have no idea how the company would respond as I have never had any need to contact them. We have three currentish cars in the house right now and none have ever had to go back to the dealer for anything that wasn't handled promptly and properly. Sorry to hear that your Toyota dealership isn't able to take car of your cars for you without you having to escalate the issue to corporate.

True. I hardly ever see a broken down newish Toyota on the side of the road. 'Course I hardly ever see any newish car of any brand name on the side of the road anymore. I spend a great deal of my day driving between calls and don't see more than one or two broken down cars a week of any vintage.

If you've had good luck with Toyotas keep buying them! I agree that they make an excellent product. For my personal taste they are bit boring. Steve B.
Add pictures here
✖
"Steve B." ... "Wickeddoll®" wrote:

No, I didn't say I had a problem that had to be taken to corporate. I'm saying that if your friend had a serious problem, then he/she should go up through the chain-of-command, so to speak.
I had a terrible time with COURTESY COLLISION PRO in Orlando, but Courtesy Toyota/Scion service department was fine. Go figure - same company.
I ended up getting my car's body repaired by Rick Hendrick Toyota here in North Carolina. They rawk, if any of you are in this area. I highly recommend them! I go there for everything, since neither me or my hubby are mechanically inclined. :-)

Guess I've lived in places that have more traffic, because I see at least one domestic car with the hood up either going to or from work. Could be that here in the Bible Belt more people drive US, I don't know.

I don't really put much stock in looks (I drive an Echo :-)), but the Camry is boring, even for me. However, I'd like to go back to domestic, so I'm rooting for them to rebound.
Natalie
Add pictures here
✖
on Wednesday 19 September 2007 10:50 am, someone posing as Steve B. took a rock and etched into the cave:

Yes, unfortunately, I still have several friends who refuse to get rid of their early-90's SL1 and SL2 model Saturns.
--
www.perfectreign.com

Add pictures here
✖
Steve wrote:

Some years ago, I suddenly - like a bolt of lightning out of the blue - came to the conclusion that there was one primary criteria for eliminating a given vehicle from my long list: Whether the hood is held open by a prop rod or a nitrogen cylinder. That seems to be a very good leading indicator of the attitude with which the vehicle was designed and marketed.
✖
On Sep 18, 8:15 pm, "Wickeddoll®"

Couldnt resist, so I went out and checked the odometers of three Chevy Cavaliers my kids and/or their spouces own. The three vechicles total a little over 570000 miles combined, two of them are over 200000 miles. They run them to death almost every day. All three have original engines and transmissions. I guess these cars qualify as being "low-end". Chevy must have done something right with these veheicles, as they sold a whole bunch of them.

I believe my kids could attest to that statement.

Add pictures here
✖

Now wait-a=minute. I dont understand something here. I thought the reason people stopped buying American cars was becasue they did NOT have the looks of German or Japanese cars. Your saying the reason people dont buy American cars is that they look TOO much like foreign. Seems something is wrong, somewhere.
Add pictures here
✖
lol .. maybe they should replace the suv commercials with new commercials about how they are making their products better and stronger... that would be a start...

Add pictures here
✖