Diagram of automatic choke

Does anyone know where I can get a diagram or picture showing me where the automatic choke unit is on my ford escort 1.6LX 16v Zetec, or if anyone has a diagram that they can email me.

many thanks

Reply to
Stephen Voce

Ask them over in the Ford Escort Owners Association group. They will love you for this question I assure you.

Al Bundy

What year was it built and what makes you think you have an automatic choke unit?

And why do you want to know?

Something makes me think you're chasing something based on bad advice.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Or you can save yourself embarassment and Read the FAQ on asking for help just a few threads away...

Then tell us the whole story!

We wont make TOO much fun, I promise.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

first of all ZETEC? automatic choke? thats fuel injected there is no choke

Reply to
fireater

This may be the person that has been looking all over the Internet for such a diagram for months. He never identifies exactly what he has or whether it might be modified. If my car has an automatic choke I can find it because it has to have a choke plate in the airstream somewhere. My sense is that he is stuck in the past and looking for something because it "feels" like a choke not opening. He could have something more modern with a bad throttle kicker that gives him that feel. OH well, ignorance is bliss. Have a great day Stephen.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Funny thing is he seems to work for the UK equivalent of Walmart- Sam's/Costco... Maybe he should pop down to his local store and see if they have a book on the car. Or maybe he tried that and they dont so he assumes it doesnt exist.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic