Did US News make a math error that accidentally ranks the Mercury Milan over the Ford Fusion?

Today I sent the following email to US News & World Report:
Did US News make a math error that accidentally ranks the Mercury Milan over the Ford Fusion? There seems to be an error in the math in
your article that ranks the 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid over the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. By what you show its looks like the Fusion should have been rated over the Milan
In the article at http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Fusion-Hybrid /
you give the following numbers for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Overall:    9.2 Performance:    9.1 Exterior:    8.9 Interior:    8.9 Safety:     9.9 Reliability:    9.0
Adding the numbers for Performance, Exterior, Interior, Safety and Reliability and dividing by 5 equals 9.16 which rounds to 9.2 so the math for the Fusion appears correct - that is not true for the Milan
In the article at http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Mercury_Milan-Hybrid /
you give the following numbers for the 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid
Overall:    9.3 Performance:    9.1 Exterior:    8.1 Interior:    8.8 Safety:     9.9 Reliability:    9.0
Adding the numbers for Performance, Exterior, Interior, Safety and Reliability and dividing by 5 equals 8.98 which only rounds to 9.0, yet the article gives an overall number of 9.3, so the math for the Milan appears incorrect.
Perhaps it was not an error - but the way it was presented it does look like a simple mathematical error.
In article <63323c80-b80e-4a69-91d7-6215f6b1a392

Given that they are identical vehicles, why is there any difference at all?
Take any two models of the SAME vehicle and there will be a differerance, as well.
When I was still working as an automobile designer, we would never see the exact same results, even thought we crash tested them under the same controlled conditions.
That was one reason we had to crash so many of them to determine the average for the NHTSA.
says...

Freedom Reigns wrote:

The overall rating may not be the mean of all the scores. Or it may be a weighted average, where safety counts more than other factors.
jeff