dielectric grease

Should dielectric grease be applied in the new spark plug threads before installing? I did it on the boot wires both ends. Wondering will this help easy removal of the spark plugs next time?
Sam
My opinion is to use the grease on the boot end of the plug but not on the thread end. A small amount of anti-seize compound should be applied to the thread end (especially aluminum head engines).
John

die electric grease on the threads would be a bad idea. you need good electrical contact through the threads. Use antiseize always on spark plugs threads. (I use a copper based antiseize for my plugs just to be sure.)KB
PC PODD wrote:

--
ThunderSnake #9
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom;
sams wrote:

No, you dont use Dielectric grease on the threads... you only use it on the rubber wires on the boots(its to make the electricity work by not tarnishing the contacts... you use anti-seize compound on the threads so the steel spark plug does not seize in the aluminum block....rember that go to auto zone and buy two tubes, one ani-seize compound and the other dieelectric grease and study them

Dielectric grease is silicone based and thus non conductive. It prevents the spark from sneaking between the spark plug and boot and grounding out.
Great thanks. Glad I did ask the NG. I'll get an anti-seize compound from AZ. I alredy drove 60 miles witout anything on the Splug threds, hope it doen't get welded with the aluminum block.
Sam.