Diesel for a 88 Bronco II ?

Good day folks, I am starting my quest for a Diesel for my 1988 Ford Bronco II I swear I saw a Escort drive by with one purrin under the hood... I heard there are two possible makers for a 4 cyl Diesel that drops right
into the frame & bolts up? Any help would be GREATly appreciated as I do plan on making my own Bio-Diesel in the future ;) Thanks ~Christian~
yes, your right, there was an escort made with a diesel engine, good luck finding one of the 2.0s in diesel, they only put them in like 84-87 escorts. Dont know your reasoning for putting on of those in a Bronco II but I think it would be more work than it would be benificial. you would have to change, computers, re-run new fuel lines, change wiring harness, good luck....plus no 4x4
Good luck

Adam wrote:

I had an 85 Tempo with a diesel. I liked it but it was too "quirky" for most folks. That motor would be way underpowered for a Bronco II. It would eat itself apart internally. If you are actually serious about this project, I would suggest finding a RWD engine and trans combo. 4x4 will be especially hard to find, if at all. There are no Fords in this configuration except for the large truck motors. I seem to recall a Diesel Chevy S-10, maybe?? Possibly an import PU truck?
How about a whole vehicle? A quick Google search found this: http://www.dieseldoctor.com/diesel-message-board/viewtopic.php?t 4 I guess there Was a Ranger Diesel available in 83. Maybe this is the starting point....
            Good Luck
since the broncoII and the ranger are the same basic car , I would look for a diesel ranger 4X4, then you will have everything you will need to do the conversion in one package.

Bronco