diesel for gas swap

Think I blew my 7.3 ltr diesel in a E350 cube van. Thinking of putting a rebuilt 400 carburated in. What kind of problems will I have?

Reply to
Unruh 1

The smog cops (if applicable) will be angry, and make you change it back. Fuel mileage will almost definitely suffer. If the van was a slug before, expect it to be a dead slug with a 400M. A modern diesel is still more cold-weather friendly than a carb'd 400M. I'd bet it's not a bolt-in deal, and removal/installation of an engine in a van is not fun under any circumstances..

If smog is not an issue and you are determ> Think I blew my 7.3 ltr diesel in a E350 cube van. Thinking of putting

Reply to
Marky

I agree, dropped the 400. Going with a 429 or 460. Still not going to be easy, but the bigger block should fit better.

Reply to
Unruh 1

Right on. I recall someone having told me that later model fuelie heads can pose a problem if you try to go the carb'd route. Presumably, one cannot find a 4bbl manifold to mate to them; sounds fishy to me, but then again I've never built a Lima (bit of a Chevy guy, myself), so it bears checking up on. EFI is still desirable, of course, for economy and driveability concerns.

Best of luck, Mark

Reply to
Marky