Diesel/Gas Fords Trks Cost $ame

Hey guys ...

Did a craigslist search on truck prices ... from dealers and owners.

Seems Gas and Diesel Trucks cost the same price now.

I can get a 2008 version for 24,000 dollars of the same truck no matter what the fuel system is.

With a Diesel engine ... I can get 300,000 miles.

With a Gas engine ... I can get 100,000 miles.

With Bio-Diesel I also get a 80% reduction in green house gases from salt water bio-fuel ... or what ever fry-o-lator it came out of scewing all the Dick Headed Chenny's in the world.

In California this can smell like sweet sour pork or sushi or french fries depending on what part of town I get it out of ... neat fuel system.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

:?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

You can get a lot more than 100,000 miles out of a Ford gas truck (been there done that). Maybe you are used to Chevies. My problem has never been the mileage or the engine, it has always been the age. Gas or diesel the bodies and interiors don't last forever.

This month I looked at 2008 F250s. Most 2008 F250 still on the lot are diesels. I found one gas F250 I liked, but it sold before I could test drive it. The diesels have a higher rebate. After test driving a diesel F250, I decided I did not want it and bought a 2009 gas F150 instead. I could have bought a 2008 F250 diesel for about the same money (but with a little less fluff). However, after driving both and checking the towing specs, I decided the F150 was a much better fit to my requiremetns. Check the Ford towing guide some time. You might be surprised by how similar the capacities are (assuming proper equipment).

If I was going to spend a lot of time towing a heavy load, I'd probably go for the diesel. But I don't and my F150 is rated to tow within 100 lbs of the gas F250 I was considering.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I guess that will work, till the state and feds get you for not paying the road use taxes of diesel fuel LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It's also completely illegal under EPA rules as well. The only Bio-fuels you may use must come from a licensed manufacturer. You are not legally allowed to brew your own at home.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:23:44 -0500, "Derek Gee" wrote Re Re: Diesel/Gas Fords Trks Cost $ame:

Do you have a cite for that? Around here, several farmers have purchased/installed bio-diesel production equipment to supply their tractors, combines, pickers, etc.

Perhaps there's an exemption for on-farm production & use??

Reply to
Caesar Romano

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Caesar Romano at snipped-for-privacy@uce.gov wrote on 3/1/09 4:26 AM:

ya ... taking methane from their compost pits to run electric generators are illegal as well ... also wind and solar powered electric generators are illegal as well ...

Obamabush HATES bio-diesel Strategery Oil Field replenishment ... as it takes his EYE off the BALL ...

What Ball is Obamabush League Idiots with their Jammy Turd Brains from being stuck in their toddler tantrum with the subsequent POOR JUDGEMENT of a 5 year old ... are they really looking at.

Building 7 fell down from the BIG fire across the street ...

Never gonna find the Anthrax Conspiracy Killers that attacked Congress on

9/11 ... nope nope nope.

They are lies lies lies ... I can make all the biofuel I want on my property and there is nothing the Feds or the State can do about it ... as it is Constitutionally Protected.

Bio-Fuel Production on your Private Property is just as legal as making Alcohol to run your engine ... or marijuana oil to fuel it up.

Just grow you fuel ... 80% reduction in toxic green house gases.

Salt Water Bio-Diesel is do-able right now .. but that is taking the Bush League Obama off the Ball.

He Balling you ... cause it is a Ball.

Jonestown was a Ball as well ...

The learning curve picks up after awhile ... pain makes it sharper.

sumbuddie peaking behind the curtain

:?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

there is a big difference between non taxed off road fuel like farmers use and what the normal driving public uses.

Reply to
Tom

Here's one:

In all the stories I've read about this issue, none has mentioned any exceptions.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee