Digital dashboard in a 99 Grand Marquis

Quick one for you guys...
I've got the Lite-Brite instrument cluster (digital) in my car, but it's green (along with radio/climate control/clock/other lights)
I'd like to change everything to blue. Everything but the cluster I can do really easily (swapping the radio, changing bulbs, etc...)
But the biggest problem is the instrument cluster itself. The owner's manual and my Haynes book are about useless finding info on *what* type of display the digital dashboard is.
I guess it's not LCD, otherwise you might not see anything if you wear polarized sunglasses. It doesn't look like LEDs are used either. My guess is it's using VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display), as in Coke machines. But normally VFDs tend to be kinda blueish, not green.
Am I guessing right?
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca says...

VFD's are typically bluish-white. With a mask, they can be most any color.
I have noticed when sitting in the passanger seat, looking at the dash at night, I can tell where the screen ends... I have a '95 CV with digital dash.
PoD
says...

Andrew Rossmann wrote:

Meaning I might be able to remove the mask...
Thanks...
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!