Disable seat rollback in Town Car

Hi all,
2000 Town Car. Is it possible to disable the automatic seat rollback that occurs when I turn off the engine? I don't need it, and it's already starting to show some
wear. I still want to be able to adjust the seat position with the buttons. Thanks.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Earl, acc. to the wiring diagram (compliments of Mitchell), from the driver's seat switch there's a red-and-white wire going to the forward-rearward movement motor. Looks as if you could install a *relay-controlled* cutout switch, say under the dash, to power this wire & switch it on only when you wish to move your driver's seat forward/rearward. *MUST HAVE, for safety*. May be easier/more convenient to access this wire under the seat with it raised to its maximum height--still the red-and-white one. HTH, s
Thanks. That's useful, and I may do that. I was hoping there's a way do disable it (tell the computer not to do it). I did the procedure in the owner's manual that turns off the memory/seat feature, and the seat then didn't move when I took the key in or out. BUt then when I moved the seat forward (it had retracted all the way back, as it does), it started again rolling back every time I took the key out, and forward again when I put the key in. Sheesh.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com