Distributor in a 390...?

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/64/e8/d0_3.JPG
Is this a Duraspark II?
Rob

Not enough information to tell. The cap and wires are Duraspark, but that is a common modification to points type dizzys. I do not see a Duraspark box mounted to the wheelwell.
I believe Durasparks came about in 1972 or 1973, for sure on the 74 models. Think the 390 was gone by then.
Frank from Deeeetroit

Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

I was wondering about the mod. What is the advantage - tower spacing?
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

No real advantage, some think it looks cool. The EI plug wires will probably last longer with the point type ignition system. Its possible that someone installed a Duraspark ignition from a 74ish pickup truck with a 360.
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:31:57 -0400, "Frank from Deeeetroit"
Cap, wires, probably rotor also are 1977+.

Yeah, I don't either. Odd vehicle. Radiator looks like a 360, not 390. (we can't go by the air cleaner sticker)

Late 1974 and all 1975 used the '75 module with the old cap/rotor/wires.
1976 used the '76+ module with the old cap/rotor/wires.
1975 and 1976 used a blue cap instead of black. Yeah, rotor also blue instead of black.
1977+ used the new cap/rotor/wires.

I know the last year for the 360 was 1976.