Do you recomend Escort 2001? Any known problems?

I am looking to buy an Escort 2001 with 34,000 miles. Are there any know problems that this car is know for? What should I look for when inspecting the car or
when asking the seller questions? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
kbb.com
good luck Ken

Add pictures here
✖
Hello,

recomend Escort 2001? Any known problems?:

my Escort (build Jan. 1999, 60.000 km e.g. appr. 33000 miles) had just a few minutes ago a technical inspection by the German authority “TUEV”. The tester showed me a starting problem with the front axle! The suspension of the front axle – a silent-block and its surrounding metal-socket – starts to go bad and sometime i have to repair it (estimated costs appr. 370 Euro).
Good luck – Klaus
Add pictures here
✖