Does anyone know what this means?

89 T-Bird 3.8l.has digital dash. Occasionally FFS will display in the fuel display. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks in advance. SlotlessMan

slotlessman wrote:

out the fuel filter????? i have never seen that on any of my fords....
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:45:24 GMT, slotlessman

I believe the FFS stands for Feedback Fuel System. You may want to scan for codes in the computer and look for one indicating a fuel system problem.
D F Bonnett wrote:

On some vehicles this indication can be caused by a loose fuel cap!
Not on a OBD1 vehicle.

There is a problem with the fuel gauge/sender circuitry. I do not remember if it is an open or short.