Dome light stays on

Hello,
The dome lights in our '98 Windstar stays on, even when all doors are firmly closed. Any ideas what I should check? Thanks in advance.

get a can of penetrating oil, and spray it liberally into the door latches. then open and close the door a few times. repeat these steps 3 or 4 times. the light and door ajar switches are part of the door latch, and get dirty and then stick over time.

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net wrote:

    I don't know about this particular vehicle, but remember that many had a position on a dash light dimmer switch that allowed the dome light to turn on even with the doors closed. Just thought I would mention this fact.
on my 99 the dimmer switch is finicky and sometimes the lights stay on or flicker while I drive, I figure it just needs to be opened up and cleaned out.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:12:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net wrote:

That happened in my truck and it turned out to be a screw under the rubber paid had rubbed a hole in the wire to the light socket. The way the circuit is set up the light is turned on by grounding one side (the other side is always hot) so this accidentally ground caused the interior light to stay on all the time (till I fixed it). That's probably not the case on yours but it's a possibility.