Dome light stays on

Hello,

The dome lights in our '98 Windstar stays on, even when all doors are firmly closed. Any ideas what I should check? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
lsbarrios

I don't know about this particular vehicle, but remember that many had a position on a dash light dimmer switch that allowed the dome light to turn on even with the doors closed. Just thought I would mention this fact.

Reply to
Ken

on my 99 the dimmer switch is finicky and sometimes the lights stay on or flicker while I drive, I figure it just needs to be opened up and cleaned out.

Reply to
Max Power

That happened in my truck and it turned out to be a screw under the rubber paid had rubbed a hole in the wire to the light socket. The way the circuit is set up the light is turned on by grounding one side (the other side is always hot) so this accidentally ground caused the interior light to stay on all the time (till I fixed it). That's probably not the case on yours but it's a possibility.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher