Donut Derelicts in HB

I had to drive up the coast from San Diego super early this morning. Freeway was backing up so I hopped off at Harbor Blvd and took Adams, planning to jump on PCH and on up to Long Beach. About 7:30am I crossed
the Santa Ana River into HB and started seeing hot rods and old cars coming at me. Then at Adams & Magnolia I ran across this parking lot filled with every kind of car I could think of. Rust buckets, hot rods, motorcycles, cars from the 20's and up, cherry 60's.... you name it. So naturally I pulled over and checked it out. I didn't count but I'd say 50-80 of them.
Turns out it was a long-standing meeting place for hot rodders that had expanded over the years. They have to be out of the lot by 8 or 8:30, so I just caught the tail end of it. I talked to several people - all friendly and stories to tell. Seemed to my like about half regulars, and half first timers.
The only way I can describe it is a gather of friends and a good place to make new ones. Not a swap meet although there were a handful of folks selling various things and a few with for-sale signs.
The donut place and a couple of other shops were open early. Then around 8am or so, the othersopened up. Ace hardware, Zubies (best seafood & pizza in the world!), a Goodwill store and a few others.
Best part was around 8:30 when the rest of them cranked up the cars and filled the place with the most god-awful noise and exhaust fumes you have ever seen.
As I was leaving, I watched this 80+ year old feller slowly settle down into this hot rod model T that was mostly engine, and peel rubber and out of the lot. LOL!!!
This captures the feel of being there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF50YCQjAiY

Interesting stuff about Donut Derelicts HB: http://www.donutderelicts.com/aboutus.html
You can have the same experience at the Temecula Rod Run. Except it lasts all day.
</top post>
message I had to drive up the coast from San Diego super early this morning. Freeway was backing up so I hopped off at Harbor Blvd and took Adams, planning to jump on PCH and on up to Long Beach. About 7:30am I crossed the Santa Ana River into HB and started seeing hot rods and old cars coming at me. Then at Adams & Magnolia I ran across this parking lot filled with every kind of car I could think of. Rust buckets, hot rods, motorcycles, cars from the 20's and up, cherry 60's.... you name it. So naturally I pulled over and checked it out. I didn't count but I'd say 50-80 of them.
[...]

Sounds good! That's a lot closer to me. When is it held?

Sounds good! That's a lot closer to me. When is it held?
++++++++ https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=temecula+rod+run+2015
Looks like early August for the summer rod run.