door ajar buzzer

I have a 1995 ford ranger and the door ajar light stays on and the buzzers dings constantly unless I remove the fuse, but if I take the fuse out I have no speedometer or windsheild wipers. Some one told me to spray inside the contacts in the door under the hinge with WD40 but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Reply to
mrgraves

change the switch

hurc ast prolly drivers door

hurc ast

Reply to
mindy5734

Not the hinge, the door latch mechanism on the rear of the door. There is a small hole you can spray into with a long nozzle. I had the same problem on my 95 Ranger. It's also better to use an electrical contact cleaner, WD-40 can attract/hold dirt. So far mine has continued working for 2 years although I hear some people have to replace the switch to fix the problem.

Reply to
I.Care

Check to see that there isn't grounding out anywhere along the line. Failing that, remove the switch & Insulate the wire for the interim

Reply to
Some ga