door ajar buzzer

I have a 1995 ford ranger and the door ajar light stays on and the buzzers dings constantly unless I remove the fuse, but if I take the fuse out I have no speedometer or windsheild wipers. Some one told me to spray inside
the contacts in the door under the hinge with WD40 but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

hurc ast prolly drivers door
hurc ast
@yahoo.com says...

is a small hole you can spray into with a long nozzle. I had the same problem on my 95 Ranger. It's also better to use an electrical contact cleaner, WD-40 can attract/hold dirt. So far mine has continued working for 2 years although I hear some people have to replace the switch to fix the problem.
--
I.Care
Address fake

Check to see that there isn't grounding out anywhere along the line. Failing that, remove the switch & Insulate the wire for the interim