DOOR AJAR LIGHT

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT. No power anything (windows, mirrors, etc...). The "Door Ajar" light came on today (for the first time) and will
not go out. To my knowledge, there are no senors in the door to detech open or closed. So no matter how many times I re-open and shut either door, the light will not go out :-(

wd 40 sprayed liberally into the latches, worked several times, repeat..
usually does it
you pay..DEAL with it!
says...

Obviously if there is a "door ajar" light something must turn it on or off and it must be associated with the door.
A search of this group will show you many many many posts regarding this problem.
The door switches are just inside the latch mechanisim visible at the rear edge of your doors. Spray contact cleaner or WD-40 through the small hole near the latch (make take several tries). That usually fixes it for a time, otherwise you will most likely need to replace the switch assembly in the offending door.
--
I. Care
HockNeck wrote:

See: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00089.html
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:52:35 -0600, "HockNeck"

Wait a minute. I'm confused.
It is A DOOR or Is it A JAR
There's a big difference you know....
Please explain this error on your part to everyone that visits this newsgroup by private email. - Thank You -
Please add NOSPAM to my email address to reply