Door Keypad Usage

Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is? Thanks, BC in BC

Reply to
B C

There should be a card in with the owners manual... this will be a 5 digit code... If you weren't lucky enough to get the owners manuals with the car, you can download free copies from

Some older vehicles had the factory code printed on a tag on the side of the module... your module is located behind the passenger side air bag - you may be able to see it by looking up through the glove compartment.

If all else fails, your dealer (or any shop with a good scan tool - heavy on the GOOD) can read the factory code as part of the module PID data. "B C" wrote in message news:4b8478e7$0$18996$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com... Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is? Thanks, BC in BC

Reply to
Jim Warman

Some older vehicles had the factory code printed on a tag on the side of the module... your module is located behind the passenger side air bag - you may be able to see it by looking up through the glove compartment.

If all else fails, your dealer (or any shop with a good scan tool - heavy on the GOOD) can read the factory code as part of the module PID data. "B C" wrote in message news:4b8478e7$0$18996$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com... Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is? Thanks, BC in BC

Reply to
B Crawford

On my two crown victorias, the code was on the arm for the trunk lid.

on my grand marquis I never did find it, except in the owners manual.

I know older explorers had it on the back door hatch somewhere too but this is from seeing it on someone elses vehicle not my own so don't quote me

Reply to
Picasso

Some older vehicles had the factory code printed on a tag on the side of the module... your module is located behind the passenger side air bag - you may be able to see it by looking up through the glove compartment.

If all else fails, your dealer (or any shop with a good scan tool - heavy on the GOOD) can read the factory code as part of the module PID data. "B C" wrote in message news:4b8478e7$0$18996$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com... Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is? Thanks, BC in BC

Reply to
iluv my kitties and family