Door Keypad Usage

Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is? Thanks, BC in BC

There should be a card in with the owners manual... this will be a 5 digit code... If you weren't lucky enough to get the owners manuals with the car, you can download free copies from www.motorcraft.com.
Some older vehicles had the factory code printed on a tag on the side of the module... your module is located behind the passenger side air bag - you may be able to see it by looking up through the glove compartment.
If all else fails, your dealer (or any shop with a good scan tool - heavy on the GOOD) can read the factory code as part of the module PID data.
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>BC in BC</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks Jim, I did get the manual but I didn't see a card in there so I'll pull it out of the binder & take a harder look (maybe I'll stand on my head at the same time & see if I can find a number on that black box. Thanks again, BC
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>BC in BC</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Manual talks about this option obviously.
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Recently bought a repo'd 2005 Ford Sport Trac with number keypad on the drivers door. How do I find out what the entry code is?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>BC in BC</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
B C wrote:

On my two crown victorias, the code was on the arm for the trunk lid.
on my grand marquis I never did find it, except in the owners manual.
I know older explorers had it on the back door hatch somewhere too but this is from seeing it on someone elses vehicle not my own so don't quote me