dorr handles/courtesy lights?

I have a 1990 Grand Marquis GS 5.0.

I had a problem which I thought I fixed but it is back and a little worse.

The courtesy lights being linked into my passive car alarm would set off the alarm, when armed, by just pulling on the door handles when the doors are locked, driver and passenger side, since this action turned on the inside lights.

One day I wasn't able to do this with the drivers side door handle, the inside lights would not come on when I pulled on it, but it worked by pulling the passenger side handle.

I took the skin off the inside of the drivers side door and found that the electric window had severed the wire that went from the handle. I respliced it and got it out of the way of the window and it worked.

Now I have the problem again but with both door handles and the wiring is fine in both doors. My question is is there something common to both handles that would go bad and prevent the inside lights to come on when pulling the handle on the locked doors?

The inside lights come on fine when the doors, all of them, open, they just don't come on when the doors are locked from the front doors both sides.

TIA for any replies.

Reply to
5.0